is a biologist and a journalist.
Strategic development and press work are the red threads of Hannes Schlender’s professional resumé. He has extensive experience in the effective positioning and positive public imaging of scientific research institutes. As an example, Hannes Schlender was instrumental in renaming the German Research Centre for Biotechnology (GBF), Braunschweig to the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI), a bold move which helped propel the entire Helmholtz Association’s branding process along.
Another special strategic challenge has been repositioning two independent Berlin-based research institutes – BESSY and the Hahn Meitner Institute – into the single Helmholtz Centre Berlin (HZB). Within a short time only, he successfully helped the new brand secure both visibility and recognition.
- Executive Partner, scienceRELATIONS
- Project Manager, strategic communications, Helmholtz Centre Berlin for Materials and Energy (HZB)
- Head of Communications, Helmholtz Centre Berlin for Materials and Energy (HZB)
- Head of Press and PR, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI), f.k.a. German Research Centre for Biotechnology (GBF), Braunschweig
- Personal Assistant to the Scientific Executive Director, Society for Biotechnological Research, Braunschweig
- Head of Communications and Marketing, BioRegioN GmbH, Hannover
- Executive Director, Forum Functional Genome Analysis Society e.V., Braunschweig
- Project Coordinator, BioProfile Functional Genome Analysis – Platform for Diagnostics and Therapy at the German Research Centre for Biotechnology, Braunschweig
- University studies in journalism at the University of Music, Drama and Media Hannover
- University studies in biology at Technische Universität Braunschweig and Freiburg University